If I were given the opportunity, I would stay inside and watch Christmas movies the entire month of December. Seriously. So, I thought I'd share a few of my favs (and yes, 3 of them involve Muppets).
1. Christmas Eve on Sesame Street: My family had the record growing up so we know this show by heart. I love, love, love this and have been watching it since I was very little (I think it came out in 1978).
2. Miracle on 34th Street: I like this newer version better than the old one. Sorry. And even though it has a Kenny G song in it, I still love it.
3. The Muppet Christmas Carol: This movie is adorable. And Gonzo and Rizzo are quite the storytellers. We grew up on the Muppets so they are always a part of my family during the holidays.
4. Elf: Well...who doesn't love this movie? No one. Ever.
5. The Family Stone: I love how real this family feels. This movie always makes me cry. Always. Never fails.
6. Scrooged: Billy Murray + A Christmas Carol (+ Bobcat Goldthwait) = Awesome.
7. White Christmas: One of my absolute favs. I want to live in that Inn. And dance with Danny Kaye. I'm betting on neither happening (for obvious reasons) but a girl can dream.
8. The Holiday: So cute and sweet and completely suspends reality. Perfect.
9. A Muppet Family Christmas: This movie is hard to find. But I so love it when all the Muppets (including Sesame Streeters and Fraggle Rockers) all come to Fozzie's Mom's house for Christmas. So great.